Monday, September 06, 2010

Flickr & The Sketchbook Project: The Marie Edition.

I an attempt to get my creative "juices" flowing, I'm avoiding doing my ecology homework (just reading a few chapters) and spending more time on my visual arts interests: photography and drawing.

First, I've started a Flickr account, which can be viewed by clicking here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vonkampen/

or checking out the handy-dandy blogger gadget to the left.

Secondly, I've signed up for "The Sketchbook Project" 2011 Tour. The idea in a nutshell is you sign up for a theme and empty moleskin, have about 4 months to fill it up with the art of your choice, you send it back, and it goes on what TSP people call a "concert tour but with sketchbooks".

After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.

There was even a CNN news article about it!

All the info including the video can be found on their site:
http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

I recommend it for artists of any level, including doodlers and moms, but not limited to any of those!!!!

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

No comments: