Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Arrival of my Sketchbook Project 2011 Moleskin

It arrived a few days ago, the unassuming empty Moleskin, in a simple yellow envelope.

With it, came one small page of instructions, as well as my Brooklyn Art Library Card.

The back had my name, appropriate bar code, my theme, and the future site of my information.

I say "future" because I need to fill it out...but only after I get started.

My theme, that I chose myself, not the "random" option, was "Dirigibles and Submersibles".

I've always loved the sky and the ocean, and thought those devices of travel were cool, but that's about it.

I wanted to give myself a challenge. Having been a drawer and doodler, but not a "serious artist" most of my life, I figured by picking theme that I wasn't too familiar with, I'd have to push my limits of creativity.

Open up my mind even more.

I may make myself crazy.

I may have a terrible amount of fun.

Either way, I'm looking forward to another adventure.

Time to sail through the skies and dive through the waves!


The Sketchbook Project: 2011

No comments: