Monday, November 10, 2008

Hangin' with Leonard Nimoy

Yesterday, I finished up a project I had been working on for a few months....

It was concert for the anniversary of the Jewish "Kristallnacht: Night of Broken Glass".

My first gig outside of Boston, thought not so far away. It was at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Providence, Rhode Island.

A really nice space, but has horrible green rooms. Conveniently locate by the train station and giant mall. All the union guys and the general manager were great.

I had worked with the stage director, the sound tech, and the lighting tech all before, so despite the madness of an orchestra, 8+ choirs, children's choirs, etc., it all went off well. Plus I had the help of two great Assistant Stage Managers, Ruthie and Jessica.

The only snafu was the conductor forgot the encore!

Did I mention Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) was the narrator!?





Totally cool to meet him, and be his stage manager.

I'm such a Trekkie.

No comments: