Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So...I guess I do listen to classical music.

I've been getting back into the "blogging thing" again, and after dusting this one off, I realize the title might be a bit misleading for a few reasons.

1. I work in this field. I'm am surrounded by music, but usually it is just "background music". So technically, some part of my brain, at least the subconscious is hearing it.

2. After clearing and synching my iPOD, I've discover a few classical music treats have managed to find their way onto my iPod.

I've got Holst's Planets and Barber's Adagio.

The Holst recording I have was done with the Chicago Symphony conducted by James Levine, who looks to making a good recovery from recent surgery.

Both of these specific recordings were recommended by my friend Tom, when early on my days at NEC, I attempted to get a a little music appreciation. I also have a Beethoven Symphony 5 done by the BPO, or at least their conductor Ben Zander, and obtained at a BPO Gala, and has the Arthur Anderson logo on the the back. I'm keeping that one purely for that ironic logo.

"Helping you in ways you never imagined", was their motto right?

No comments: