Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bitches = sand fleas

Well, as a true American, I went to the Cape (for those that don't know the lingo = Cape Cod) for the July 4th long weekend.

To summarize:
Ate burgers at a sweet house near Brewster.
Went to watch a sunset. (*Believe it was Corporate Beach.*)
Too cloudy for sunset, but no sand fleas.
Instead of said sunset, had a photo shoot for a Christian rock band.
Went to a beach near Brewster.
Went kayaking with a mom.
Ate fried seafood ate beach previously mentioned for sunset.
Realized went to said sunset beach in college for marine invertebrates class at Woods Hole.
Got eaten up by sand fleas. (See below for more.)
Hung out (hanging out = sleeping) at a sweet house in Yarmouth.


I'll not fill you in with all the details.

Though Tuesday morning, as I was first waking up around 6:30am, I heard a crow outside. Aren't they bad omens? Do I believe in superstitions like that?

For those that have not had the privilege of sand fleas, here's one in a larval/pupal stage.



Turns out after their final stage of molting they become similar to gnats. And much more annoying.

They are VISCIOUS -- said sand fleas bit everyone all over their bodies. I keep finding more bites and they itch like the dickens.

I discoverd their scientific name is Bitches annoyinesous.

No, stop laughing, I'm serious.....

*sigh*

Didn't watch any fireworks except those I briefly saw while flipping through the tv channels. Yes, I'm lame but at least I didn't provide anyone with bad company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad company? Are you saying I did? Ha ha...I wondered over from Superman and watched with a half a gillion other weirdos. -Plug

Christopher said...

I thought that you left a message on my blog? It's nowhere to be seen. Can you do me a favor and try again? I want to make sure that it's not screwed up.