Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dreary Day and Book Recommendations

You Are Lightning

Beautiful yet dangerous
People will stop and watch you when you appear
Even though you're capable of random violence

You are best known for: your power

Your dominant state: performing


Yada-yada, for days like this, here's a book recommendation or two....

The Confessions of Max Tivoli : A Novel (Paperback) by Andrew Sean Greer.

This is one I want to read, The Stolen Child : A Novel (Hardcover) by Keith Donohue.

Otherwise, there are a few movies I want to see. Also I plan on crying a lot on May 26, for my birthday. Blah.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Didn't I lend you Andy's book? Wait...I had the paperback. Either way, you know that's my cousin, right? I still haven't figured out a way to use that connection to get chicks...

Marie said...

Yep. I just bought a hardcover copy from the Harvard Coop. They had it for $5.00. So if you want a hard copy -- go the the Coop basement.