Sunday, February 19, 2006

Photos of Injury, and the GONG




So this is a photo of my finger, after catching it between two percussion stands. Ouch.
Do my ears look funny to you?
This is after it bled out a bit (onto some percussion) and I washed it with HOT water.

Thanks to Kwan for the photo!



For those of you that didn't believe there was giant 5 foot gong in Jordan Hall...
Here it is in all it's glory. It was hung from rope in the celing, cause we didn't have a stand big enough.


That's me, dragging my co-working in front of it, so we can have proof of its existance. (Kind of like tracking Big Foot.) I'm about 5' 10", so bending over makes me half of that, despite all 300 lbs of me.

Tonight was the re-scheduled Shostakovich. We started at 8:10 pm, intermission was at 9:34 pm, and the second half started at 10 pm. It was over at 11 pm. That's when my shift ends. So of course, I didn't leave then, the "lifer" that I am.

I did get a bunch of flowers that people left backstage! I'll post a photo of my ghetto arrangement in a few days.

My other co-worker gave me a great quote today. It is a shout out to all those that went to T.C.A.

"Never go Christian when under the influence of alchohol."

I laughed so hard when he said that.

Ooooo...ooooo, I read limericks to front of house today. My favorite one was about a rabid squirrel. I'll have to find it again....oh, wait! Here it is, by Rollio...

"I once knew a squirrel named Steven
Whose teeth were sparkly and even.
But then he got rabies
And ate all his babies -
SO I figured that I should be leavin'."


On that note, time for bed.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

For God's sakes, you better have charged them for overtime.

Go to the doctor for your finger and charge 'em for that too.

Charge 'em for your evening's movie rentals while you're at it. Gotta recover some how.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

xologirl said...

Ack! Your poor finger/hand/arm. That sounds awful...it doesn't look as bad as I would have imagined in the picture, but I bet it looks rough in a couple of days. Hooray for neosporin!